SOCIAL MEDIA HOUSE RULES
We welcome fans and followers to leave comments and post photos and videos on our social media pages.
To make it an enjoyable experience for all, please comply with the following rules when posting on our social media pages:
1. Share your opinions respectfully.
2. Do not post content that is false, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, or hateful to another person, race, religion or entity.
3. Do not post spam or content that violates any law or intellectual property rights.
4. Do not upload files that contain viruses or programmes that can cause damage to other people's mobile devices or computer.
5. For your privacy and safety, please avoid posting confidential information such as your personal details.
The opinions expressed by third parties on our social media pages do not represent the opinions of CapitaLand.
We may remove content or take preventive action against those who do not comply with our house rules and abuse our social media pages.
If you have any feedback or enquiries, please email to email@example.com.
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTESTS TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to contests organised by or on behalf of CapitaLand Limited (“the Organiser”) conducted through various social media platforms:
1. Contests/Giveaways (“Contest”) are open to all registered social media platform users of at least 18 years of age with local residential addresses.
2. Only one entry is allowed per user per Contest and each registered user cannot win more than one prize within the year. Participants found cheating (for instance, creating shell social media accounts to take part in the Contest) will be disqualified immediately.
3. No responsibility is accepted for any contest entries that are incomplete, tagged incorrectly, unreadable, ineligible, corrupted, misdirected, lost or delayed or are unable to be sent/ published due to technical or transmissions failures of any kind or any other reason.
4. Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Contest. Prizes will be provided in accordance with and subject to these terms and conditions. Any entry not compliant with these terms and conditions will be deemed invalid. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Contest at any time without prior notice.
5. In order to enter into any Contests held via Facebook and Instagram, participants must ensure that his/her Facebook and Instagram account settings allow for public view during the duration of the Contest. In the event the Organiser is unable to verify the entry due to incorrect account settings, the entry will be considered invalid and voided.
6. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the Contest entry by the Organiser’s social media accounts.
7. Entries will be judged by the Organiser on their merits and/or be selected at random based on the fulfillment of criteria stated for the Contest(s).
8. Prize winners will be notified via the mode of entry submission unless otherwise stated and be required to private message the Organiser via the social media platform of the Contest they participated in to inform of their personal details (name, NRIC, email and contact number) for the purposes of identity verification for prize collection.
9. Should the winner be un-contactable, the Organiser reserves the right to award the prize to a replacement winner, forfeit the prize or donate the prize to charity.
10. In the event of a dispute, the winner’s entitlement is subject to the sole discretion and final decision of the Organiser. The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
11. Items/Prizes must be taken as they are and are strictly not refundable or exchangeable for cash or extendable in validity. The management reserves the right to replace items/ prizes with items of similar value.
12. It is a condition of entry that winners consent to the publication of their names and social media platform identifiers (in the format of username, profile picture and/or submitted photo) on Facebook and/or Instagram for publicity purposes.
13. Winners must also present their NRIC at the point of redemption for verification purpose.
14. The Organiser is not liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant as a result of entering the Contest or accepting the prize or any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's personal property including but not limited to a computer or mobile telephone relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading/uploading any materials in connection with the Contest.
15. Any cost associated with entering the Contest is the participant’s responsibility and is dependent on the software and internet service provider used.
16. Participants warrant that the entry submission is the original work of the participant and, as such, the participant is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted work, and that the participant has the right to submit the work to the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each participant agrees not to submit any entry that:
- infringes any third party's proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations; or
- otherwise violates any applicable laws and regulations.
17. All entries submitted must NOT contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales or use of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing or which is otherwise inappropriate, in the sole discretion of the Organiser, nor may the name submitted contain any derogatory references to the Organiser or any other person or entity including brands or trademarks of the organizer or any other person or entity.
18. The Organiser does not assume any liability for any unlawful or unlawfully produced content entry.
19. The Organiser reserves the right to remove, in its sole and absolute discretion, any submission deemed inappropriate or that is not in compliance with the terms and conditions of the Contest.
20. If for any reason the Contest is not conducted as planned, whether caused by infection of computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Contest, the Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
21. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster the Organiser reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
22. Facebook and Instagram are not sponsors of the Contest. The Contest is in no way endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You understand you are providing your information to the Organiser and not to Facebook or Instagram.
23. Any personal information collected by the Organiser is for the sole purpose of conducting the Contest including the judging of entries and notification of the winners of the Contest under these terms and conditions. By participating in any such Contest, participants consent to the Organiser's use of their personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Contest.
24. The Organiser reserves the right to suspend and/or disqualify any participant from participating in any Contest and the Organiser shall not be required to provide any reason or justification to such participant.